Terms & Conditions Ken Block VIP
Terms & Conditions Ken Block VIP
1.Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
2.Promotion commences at 12.01 (AEDT) on 23.08.2011 and ends at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 28.08.2011 (“Promotion Period”).
3.Entry is open to residents of Australia (excluding Canberra) aged 16 years and over who are able to take the prizes on the dates specified (30.08.2011 and 03.09.2011) and fulfil the entry requirements (see Condition 8). Entrants under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian’s permission before providing personal information. Employees, licensees and contractors of the Promoter and the agencies associated with the promotion (and their families) cannot enter. Proof of identity must be furnished upon request.
4.Entry into the promotion may occur in the following ways:
• by subscribing to receive DC e-newsletters online at www.dcshoes.com.au;
• by joining the DC Army Loyalty Program in one of the DC flagship stores (located at 63 Surfcoast Highway, Torquay, Victoria and Westfield, 500 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, NSW);
• existing DC Army members and DC e-newsletter subscribers will be automatically entered into the promotion. (“Entry” / “Entries”)
5.The draw will take place at 27 Baines Crescent, Torquay, Victoria at 10am (AEDT) on 29.08.2011:
• The first valid Entry randomly drawn will win a ride with Ken Block at Block’s Gymkhana World Tour on 03.09.2011 at Calder Park Raceway, Victoria. Prize includes a double pass to the Gymkhana event, valued at up to $500 (“Gymkhana”).
• The second valid Entry randomly drawn will win 4 tickets to a DC / Ken Block VIP Party at the DC store at Bondi Junction on 30.08.2011, valued at up to $400 (“Party”).
The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6.Prize winners will be notified immediately by telephone and their names will be published on www.dcshoes.com.au on 29.09.2011. The winners must confirm their availability to take the prize on the specified dates by 5:00pm on 29.08.2011. In the event that a winner is unable to take the prize on the specified date, or has not claimed the prize by 5:00pm on 29.08.2011, or has not confirmed their availability to take the prize on the specified date by 5:00pm on 29.08.2011, then the winner’s Entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a further draw at 10:00am on 30.08.2011 at the same location as the original draw to distribute the prize.
7.If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the Winner’s parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must accompany the Winner when they take the prize.
8.By accepting the Gymkhana prize, the winner acknowledges and agrees that motor racing, the event and associated activities are dangerous and accidents can happen. To participate in the ride with Ken Block, the winner must:
• be aged 16 years or older (and be able to fit required safety apparel);
• have a maximum height of 6ft 4 inches;
• have a maximum waist measurement of 40 inches;
• have a maximum weight of 110 kg;
• not be pregnant;
• have no existing heart condition/history of heart condition; • have a doctors certificate if taking any medication/have any condition that may increase risk; and
• wear closed toed shoes (all other safety apparel including race suit, gloves and helmet supplied).
9.The winner of the Gymkhana prize (or their parent/guardian if winner is aged under 18 years) must sign a waiver in favour of the Promoter prior to participating in the ride with Ken Block. If they do not sign the waiver, they will not be able to participate in the prize.
10.The winners must to comply with any reasonable directions and guidelines notified to them by the Promoter, its agents, and officials at all times. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to safely participate in that aspect of the prize.
11.The prizes must be taken on the date specified by the Promoter. Any costs associated with taking the prizes and all ancillary costs (including accommodation and costs associated with travelling to/from winners’ residences and Gymkhana or the Party) are at the expense of the winners.
12. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute that prize (or that part of that prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner of the Gymkhana prize acknowledges that the ride with Ken Block may be cancelled on the scheduled day should the Promoter, or its agents or Promotion partners, determine that the weather or track conditions are unsafe for the ride with Ken Block.
13.Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) and its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, expense, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained by any person in connection with the promotion or accepting or using a prize
15.Entry into the promotion shall be deemed acceptance of the above conditions of entry and is deemed approval for the Promoter to use the winners’ names and images in promotional material. In accepting a prize, the winners agree to participate and co-operate, at the Promoter’s request, in all editorial and promotional activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed, free of charge.
16.The Promoter is DC Shoes Australia Pty Ltd of 27 Baines Crescent, Torquay 3228 Victoria. ABN 12 104 106 667
17.Authorised under NSW permit number LTPS/11/07764.